view sourceprint?01 02 12
Hello artsy friends stopping in today, how's your day..?
RICE CRISPY TREATS
I'm totally excited to feature Lyla again here today for this
yummy & fun foodie tutorial. Lyla loves to cook among lots
of other fun indulgences you can read up on per her blog
Chokolatnoir.blogspot.com <~Great reviews, recipes & more!!
Rice Crispy Treats
1. ¼ cup of margarine
2. 5 cups of miniature marshmallows
3. 5 cups of Rice Crispy Cereal
4. 2 ½ teaspoons of milk
5. 1/3 teaspoon of vanilla extract
**For Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats add ingredient #6
6. Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Chips (I didn’t really
measure. Just added a handful).
1. Melt margarine in saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows
and stir until melted and well blended. Add milk as soon as
marshmallow is almost done melting. Remove from heat.
2. **If you are making Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats, add
ingredient #6 after marshmallow mix has been removed from
heat. Mix until well blended with marshmallow. If not,
skip this step and proceed to step 3.
3. Add vanilla extract to marshmallow mix.
4. Add cereal and mix well with marshmallow mix (preferably
with a wooden spoon) until well coated.
5. Spray Pam or butter a 13 x 19 inch pan on all sides.
6. Place cereal mixture into pan and spread evenly. Press cereal down
with a buttered spatula, wax paper or use your hands (simply butter up
your hands as if you were washing your hands. This method will keep the
cereal mix from sticking onto your spatula or hands).
7. Refrigerate for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and
cut into squares. For more creative Treats, use a cookie cutter to cut
into shapes. You can also use sprinkles to decorate your treats.
Tadaaaaaa!!! All DONE!!!
Aren't these soo yummy..? I cant wait to try Lyla's twist!!
I LOVE Rice Crispy Treats MORE Then The Kids.. lol
Hope you enjoyed Lyla's tutorial today. I sincerely appreciate
her sharing & stopping in as always..
Thanks so much for stopping by..